Newcastle Sign Spain Youth International From Dortmund

Newcastle Sign Spain Youth International From Dortmund


Newcastle have secured the signature of Spanish U-21 international Mikel Merino on a season-long loan deal from Borussia Dortmund. 

The midfielder becomes the Magpies fifth signing of the summer transfer window. Before moving to Germany in 2015, Merino made over 60 appearances for his hometown club Osasuna. 

However, he only made nine appearances last season and new manager Peter Bosz has deemed him surplus to requirements at the Westfalenstadion. 
 He also featured for Spain at the U-21 European Championships in Poland in June, where they narrowly lost to Germany in the final.
Merino Expressed his feeling as
It feels good and I’m very happy to be here, to be part of this club. I’m looking forward to touching the ball, meeting my new team-mates and starting to play football. I know it’s a great club and a really nice city. I had different options but I think this is the right place for me to play.”






share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Slaustz, Published at July 28, 2017 and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

close